Hey guys! Hope all is well! I cannot believe we are already at the first update for this project pan, it is just insane to me. But man, do I have some crazy progress to show you guys! I think it is both amazing and just crazy the amount of progress you can make on your products if you just focus on them. I will say if you haven’t checked my intro post to this project, I will leave it here for you. Without further ado, Leah shut the hell up and move on to the progress! Haha.
1. First up, we’ve got the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Makeup in 1.5 ($40 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link). I completely finished off this bad boy. This is holy grail status for me on foundation. It looks good in hot, humid weather and cold weather. It does not break apart on my skin, look cakey or get funky. It is a solid foundation for my skin through and through. Once I use up my other foundations, I will definitely be repurchasing this product.
2. Product number 2 is the concealer that won’t die. I mean, the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Treatment Concealer in Fair ($ US Affiliate Link | Regular Link). This is a very good concealer, you need very little product, and it doesn’t look heavy under the eyes. However, as I said in the intro, Maybelline is not cruelty-free and I do have better concealers. I have made good progress on this product. I don’t think I’ll be finished by the next update, but hopefully, by the finale, I will.
3. Up next, we have the Rimmel Stay Matte Long-Lasting Powder ($5.29 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link). Another non-cruelty-free item, but another completed item! I did have to repress this product about 2 weeks into the project, then it went like crazy. One of the perks of repressing products.
4. The Wet N Wild Photofocus Pressed Powder in Warm Light ($4.99 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link) doesn’t have too much progress to showcase, but that’s because I was focusing on the Rimmel powder and once that was used up, I moved on to this. I’m pretty confident I will have this done by the finale.
5. Number 5 is the Milani Make It Last Setting Spray ($9.99 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link). I don’t know how well you can tell from the picture, but it is completely empty. I really love this setting spray, I just hate that when you get to the very end it kind of splatters, honestly to be expected, so I usually spray it on my beauty sponge then dab it in.
6. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony ($21 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link) was number 6, was being the keyword. Finished this bad boy off. I love this brow pencil. This was the first brow pencil I ever tried (obviously not this specific one) and still a love of mine. I don’t have a picture of it because you can’t really tell that it is finished, you just see the top, but it is all done!
7. The Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette in 010 Ashy Radiance ($7.99 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link) is also next on my completed list. Now, in the intro, I mentioned I wanted to hit pan on the highlighting shade before I called it quits with this product, but I really don’t enjoy using it and that is saying something. It is a bit too chalky for me and looks weird, so I’m just calling this one done.
8. No7 Match Made Bronzer in Golden Sand ($12.99 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link) is just like the Maybelline concealer. It just won’t die. Hell, I have yet to even hit pan. Granted I did expect this one to be a challenge. Watching so many panning videos and seeing different Instagram posts, bronzers seem like one of the hardest products, besides blush, to hit pan and get through. However, the outside pattern is definitely worn down more and you can see the outline of the pans more clearly. I hope by next update to have some pan showing, but you just never know.
9. I don’t have much to show with the PUR Correcting Primer in Illuminate & Glow (discontinued) mostly because I didn’t realize I could see through the bottle once I lifted it to a bright light. So, there is a line there now to hopefully measure progress. The other thing is I haven’t been reaching for it. It has been incredibly hot here in Seattle, so I’ve been really needing a mattifying primer. Hopefully, with fall around the corner and it cooling off a little bit here, I can get some more use out of it.
10. I am so close to finishing this Wet N Wild Single Eyeshadow in Brulee ($0.99 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link) I can just taste it! I did have to repress this because most of the product was at the sides and difficult for my brush to reach to. So I did repress it recently and I’ve already re-hit pan. I’m pretty sure by the next update, it will be completely gone.
11. The first non-makeup item in this project is the Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber Fragrance Mist ($14 US Regular Link) and I have made some killer progress on this bad boy. In the past, it has been difficult for me to use up fragrances and body mists because I never think to reach for them and use them. With this being in a project, I’ve actually been reaching for it and look at the progress!
12. I decided to also throw in an actual perfume, this one the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Amethyst Rollerball ($28 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link). And believe it or not, it is all gone! Oh my gosh, I’m so excited about this! I ended up really enjoying this scent in the end, but I still would not repurchase it. It stays powdery on my skin for about an hour and them melts into my skin, smelling slightly sweet but musky. Quite lovely, but I cannot get over the hour of powderiness. I would have posted a pic, but you can’t see through the bottle well enough on camera.
13. Last but not least we have the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Dry Shampoo ($28 US Affiliate Link | Regular Link). As I said in the intro, I only bought this because I love Nirvana Black, however, I do NOT reach for dry shampoo, EVER. I was my hair once a week and I can deal with dirty hair for that long because I keep my hair in a ponytail almost 24/7. Sometimes I switch it up and put it in a bun. I hardly ever have my hair down, like seriously ever. I can’t really measure progress with this one visually, hence no picture this time around. I think I’m about halfway done with it, but I am confident it will be done by the finale.
Completed: 6/13 products
So that does it! That completes my first update for my 13 by Halloween Project Pan. I’m really enjoying doing this project and working through some products. I’m really excited about this upcoming empties. I don’t want to give away too many spoilers, but I have a decent amount of makeup products! Anyway, if you are also doing the 13 by Halloween project pan or any other type of project pan, let me know about your progress! If you have a blog post, Instagram post, or video, leave the link the comments! I’d love to check it out! Are there any products you’ve used up this month that coincides with a panning project? Let me know! I think that does it for me today, thank you so much for stopping by and until next time!